Sunday, May 20, 2007

Final Posting: Scituate, Ma Wikipedia Article

When I first saw the wikipedia article for my hometown, Scituate, MA., it was already a highly established page. I read over the whole article and thought that I had nothing to add. After thinking about it, and re-reading the article, ideas came to mind.
The first thing I noticed was that the famous nieces of President John Adams were not on the list of "Famous Scituate Residents". The girls names were Rebbecca and Abigail Adams. I added that these girls fended off the British army with music. This was definitely my most meaningful edit for the article. My second edit was adding the fact that Jim Longbord played for the redsox. My third edit was the fact that Abigail and Rebbecca Adams were near the Lighthouse when they fended off the British. Finally, my fourth edit was merely adding the word "only" to better clarify that two high schools were all boys and all girls respectively.

1 comment:

tamoy1234 said...

my firs time in Scituate was in 1975. I was in Maine in a summer course, and my sister Virginia had come from Venezuela to visit me. 2 other friends of mine and I rented a car to go to New York, and I decide to stop by to visit my dear Mary in Scituate.She was working and staying at her parents house. She used to that her dad was nasty about having school boys at his house. It was 548 first parish rd.Well,He happens to be one the nicest persons I had ever met in the states. however, Scituate is also one the nicest places I had ever visited on earth.If you see Mary tell her all my love